I feel very humbled and pleased that Lisa at You Made Me Ink gifted my site with the coveted "Stylish Blogger Award". Thank you so much Lisa!
This gift comes with the rules that I must follow in order to accept this award.
1. Thank the person who gave this award to me and link it back to their blog
2. Share 8 things about myself
3. Pass this award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered and am inspired by
4. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they can pass along the recognition!
5. I need to go on each of my inspiring stampers sites and tell them that I think they are all winners in our stamping world and then have them pass along an award of recognition to some other lucky stylish bloggers out there!!!
Well to start with, I would like to thank Lisa for gifting me with such a wonderful award. I love her site and would invite you to check it out Here I visit her site on a daily basis!
And now for 8 things you may not know about me: (This is hard!)
1. I have been a Registered Nurse for more years than I care to say... I am employed by Kaiser Permanente and work as a Patient Care Coordinator in an Emergency Department. I work 12 hour shifts and absolutely love helping people!
2. I spent 22 years as a Franciscan Sister in my earlier years and worked in our Franciscan Hospitals throughout the United States. Our hospitals were primarily on the East Coast and the West Coast. Our motherhouse was in Chester PA, near Philadelphia.
3. I was attending a conference in San Diego and decided to go with friends across the border to Mexico. Great fun! Right? NO. Someone bumped into me and a piece of pottery fell.... I spent the entire morning, afternoon and evening in a Mexican jail (when I wasn't in the back seat of the police car as we raced through the city on a high speed chases! LOL Finally got back across the border around midnight!
4. I adopted an adorable adult dog named Astro. He was a professional model until he lost his vision. I adopted him from the rescue society for Labs. He still poses when he hears my camera shutter go off when I am taking photos of my art!
5. I have three birds. One is called Mo Mo and she talks all day. She calls herself Baby Mo Mo when she needs love and Mo Babe when she is feeling like hot stuff!
6. I had an opportunity to go to South Africa as an International Delegate on Gerontology. After the conference I had an opportunity to go of a Safari. No one could find the elephants in the area.... I discovered they were in the back of the tree house I was staying in.
7. On the same trip to Africa, my guide and tracker took us on an early morning trip. We came across a Black Rhino that was ill. He had a wound on his face and was in a very foul mood. He stood rocking our land-rover for hours. We had to keep quiet because he could tip the Land-rover over very easily. We finally had another guide try to distract the Rhino while we took off.... hitting 50 mph in a very short amount of time.
8. I am thrilled with all my new friends i have met through surfing the web. These are 8 of the sites that that inspire me
http://scrapbitz.blogspot.com (Suzanne - Our fearless leader)
This has been very special to receive this award..... I say with a BIG smile on my face. Thank you! I am off now to tell each person on my list just how much they inspire me!
Hugs and Smiles!