I am so glad you stopped by! I created this card using Heartfelt Creations February Release called Flowering Dogwood Collection. I paired the dove with the botanic Window Die in order to create a background and setting for the dove. I love how simple this card is to create. Let me tell you how I did it!
Flowering Dogwood Designer Paper Collection, HCDP1-275
Flowering Dogwood and Doves Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3775
Flowering Dogwood Die Set, HCD1-7129
Botanic Window Die, HCD1-7100
Designer Flower Shaping Kit, HCST1-401
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, 159951
White Embossing Powder, RPE1685
Memento Tuxedo Black Die Ink Pad, TSMP900
Metal Glue Tip, 352852
Glue Tip Pins, Pin6Scor-Pal Measuring and Scoring Board , 173842
Sizzix Vagabond 2, 532423
Dimensional Foam Double Dots, DDots
120 lb. white card stock, navy blue card stock, X-Press It Blending Card Stock, pearls, paper trimmer, double sided tape, scissors,
- Cut 120 lb. card stock at 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches to create a top fold 51/2 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Cut navy blue card stock at 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches. Cut a 5 x 5 inch panel from the Flowering Dogwood paper Collection. You can refer to the reference picture.
- Adhere the designer paper on the white card base using double sided tape. Position the Botanic Window Die in the center of the navy card stock layer and die cut. Adhere the navy card stock over the designer paper. This will allow the pretty designer paper to show through the negative space of the window die.
- Stamp the dove from the Flowering Dogwood and Doves Stamp Set on X-Press It using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color the shadow areas of the dove with Copic Alcohol Ink Markers. I used the following color combo - BG000, BG00 and BG10. The shadow area will be under the wing, neck and in back of place where the light source is blocked. Die cut with coordinating die. Die cut two extra doves with navy blue card stock and adhere to the back of the dove image for strength and dimension. Pop the dove on the image as shown using dimensional foam dots.
- For the final touch, cut the sentiment from the Flowering Dogwood Designer Paper Collection and adhere using dimensional dots. Adhere the pearls to the Botanic Window area as shown for embellishment. I applied additional strength to the underside of the pearls by adding Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Quick Tip: This card can be sent through the mail by placing a piece of card stock over the top before putting in the envelope.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you stop by Heartfelt Creations and check out all the new stamps and die. You can also view my team mates wonderful creations on the Heartfelt Creations Blog or go to my sidebar listing.
See you soon!