Today is Inspiration Wednesday for Heartfelt Creations.
We are on week 2 for the wonderful
I love this collection! As you know from last week - we have all the fun woodsy creatures but we also have great stamp elements like this log, grass, flowers and bushes. This fits perfectly in the foreground for the wonderful scenic backgrounds that come with the paper collection!
Woodsy Wonderland Designer paper Collection, HCDP1-274
Woodsy Wonderland Cling Stamp Set, HCPC 3767
Woodsy Wonderland Die, HCD1-7123
Double Dots 100 pc - 3D Foam Circles, DDots
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, 159723
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles, 352854
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black, TSMP900
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, HCST1-401
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board, 173842
Glue Pins, Pins6
Sizzix Vagabond 2, 532423
X-Press It Blending Card-Stock, Copic Alcohol Ink Markers, brown card stock, paper trimmer, double sided tape,
- Create a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch top fold card from heavy white card-stock. Select the blue paper from the Woodsy Woodland Paper Collection and create a base layer at 5 1/4 x 5 1/3 inches. Select the Scenic picture as seen in the card from the mat section in the Woodsy Collection. Cut at 5 x 5 inches. See what a great background it makes for your card?
- Stamp the log, flowers, grass, leafy bushes and mouse image on X-Press It Blending Card-Stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink. The image is one stamp so that makes it so easy to create your focal scene! Color the image using Copic Alcohol Ink Products or your ink of choice. The image was colored with flicking motions in a lateral direction. Keeping the coloring in one direction (lateral) gives the appearance of texture and you can see the levels of bark pop up. Sharp edges are used for the bark so avoid over blending.
- The following Color Combo was used for my image -
- Log - E00, E11, E13, E33, E35, E45, E 49
- Grass - G40, G28, YG61, YG63
- Leafy Bushes - YG 01, YG23, YB63
- Flowers - V11, V09, V20, V22
- Mouse - C1, C3, C4
- The image was die cut using the corresponding Woodsy Wonderland Die. Three additional layers were cut using brown card-stock and adhered to the back for form a thickness like chipboard. This will add strength to the image when it's popped up from the scenic background. The layers of the focal image were adhered with Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.
- The base layer and scenic layer were adhered and then applied to the card base using double sided tape. This adds extra strength for images that have weighted embellishments.
- The focal image was added with foam dimensional dots. I love how the image pops up from the background scene and gives it dimension and texture.